Monday, March 12, 2018

Textile Foil Cards & Video Using Laser Printer and Laminator by Karen

Hello!  Karen joining you today.  I've been having a great time discovering different ways to use the new textile foils from SRM. Today I'm sharing some of my favorites. 



To make these cards, I found free online images and imported them into a (Word) document. There I resized them and recolored to make sure they would print out dark and black. I printed each image onto card stock using a laser (toner) printer. It is key that the image prints with toner ink (not an inkjet printer).   


I then ran my image with foil covering it through my personal laminator. The heat of the laminator adhered the foil only to the printed image. After a short cooling off, I simply peeled the foil away to leave the shiny image.


I'll walk you through it in this process video. But I have to warn you, though, you may become addicted to this easy and quick foil application technique!


Thanks for watching - I hope you are inspired to use textile foil in your projects!
SaveSave

No comments: